What is the RDN YOUth Program all about?
The RDN YOUth program is a community-based solution to the needs of our local youth, offering programs, opportunities and avenues for dialogue in and around our Oceanside area. We strive for positive change, and we believe in:
- Hearing and respecting youth voice.
- Supporting and encouraging youth participation in recreation.
- Responding to the changing interests of youth and community.
- Encouraging ongoing community conversation focusing on youth recreation.
- Reducing barriers to participation: cost, transportation and accessibility.
- Respecting a wide variety of youth interests.
- Fostering experiences for physical and social wellbeing.
- Helping youth develop adaptive and positive behaviours that will enable them to meet the demands and challenges of everyday life.
- Promoting leadership development across the youth network.
- Working together increases opportunities for youth recreation.
- Striving for excellence in youth recreation.